Corporate social responsibility of Xania is a humble step with honest efforts to help improve the society in some way. These efforts can range from donating money to nonprofits to implementing environmentally friendly policies in the workplace. Our Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is basically a type of international private business self-regulation that aims to contribute to societal goals of a philanthropic, activist, or charitable nature by engaging in or supporting volunteering or ethically-oriented practices.
The purpose of corporate social responsibility is to give back to the community, take part in philanthropic causes, and provide positive social value.
- For Employees- Employees like working for a company that has a good public image and is constantly in the media for positive reasons. Nearly 60% of employees who are proud of their company’s social responsibility are engaged in their jobs.
- For Society- CSR is a thoughtful and practical way to give back to society. When businesses are conscious of their social and environmental impact on the world, they can benefit society by giving back and helping to find solutions to everyday issues.
- For Businesses- By taking part in CSR, businesses are providing positive social value. Consumers are reporting more and more that they are likely to work with companies or purchase goods from companies that are socially responsible.
- For Nonprofits- Companies with strong corporate social responsibility programs are looking for nonprofits to be the recipient of grants, matching gift programs, and volunteer grant programs. CSR initiatives help nonprofits find support beyond individual donors.
Corporate philanthropy is the act of a corporation promoting the welfare of others, usually through charitable donations of funds. Companies can leverage this type of CSR in various ways, though one of the most popular ways is by matching gifts their employees make to companies.
Corporations that offer matching gift programs essentially double the donations that their employees are giving to eligible nonprofits.
Corporations can leverage corporate volunteerism by encouraging their employees to volunteer. Many companies allocate hours to go toward volunteering during the workday, and many more encourage involvement by offering volunteer grants to the nonprofits where their employees volunteer.
This kind of socially responsible program is a win-win for every party involved. Employees of corporations are seen volunteering and donating their time to important causes in the community, and nonprofits are receiving free time and volunteer work, which is essential for the success of so many nonprofits.
Corporations can demonstrate environmental leadership in several ways. For example, they can:
- Put forth efforts to reduce their carbon emissions
- Recycle their products
- Give back to environmental causes
By showing that they care about improving and preserving the environment, companies can gain more support and business, and also build a solid reputation as an environmental leader.
Ethical Labor Practices
Part of being socially responsible for a corporation means participating in ethical labor practices. These practices can include:
- Offering more competitive salaries to employees
- Offering more competitive compensation packages
- Providing generous parental leave
- Offering tuition reimbursement
Following ethical labor practices reflects well on us and causes more individuals to want to work with us.
In being economically responsible, companies “pay their dues” to society, such as by:
- Keeping up with their taxes
- Investing back into their communities
- Paying their employees competitive wages
We take part in economic responsibility and are truly paying it forward for the greater social good. This not only impacts our values as a company but also earns respect for our employees and the well-being of the economy overall.
Xania CSR in action
- Dec, 2019- One of the Directors conducted training and delivered scientific talk on nutrition and its importance to the staff and members of a leading bank at Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Dec, 2019- One of the Directors delivered a scientific lecture at an International scientific forum for its member doctors and thereby contributed to the advancement of scientific knowledge and improvement of the practice of medicine and surgery at that seminar organised at the Quezon City Medical Society (A component society of the Philippine Medical Association) in Greater Manila, Philippines.
- On the 2nd of April 2020 Xania and her staff has voluntarily contributed to PM Cares Fund created by the Government of India to help the needy in fighting the Covid-19 pandemic in India.